Good oral and dental hygiene helps prevent bad breath, tooth decay and gum disease—and can help you keep your teeth as you get older. Establishing good oral hygiene and dietary habits have been proven to be essential to achieving and maintaining, overall physical and emotional well-being throughout life.
WHAT CAN WE DO TO ENSURE GOOD ORAL HEALTH?
You can keep your teeth for your lifetime. Here are some things you can do to maintain a healthy mouth and strong teeth.
- Practice good oral hygiene. Brush teeth thoroughly twice a day and floss daily between the teeth to remove dental plaque.
- Visit your dentist at least once a year, even if you have no natural teeth or have dentures.
- Do not use any tobacco products. If you smoke, please quit.
- Limit alcoholic drinks.
- If you have diabetes, work to maintain control of the disease. This will decrease risk for other complications, including gum disease. Treating gum disease may help lower your blood sugar level.
- If your medication causes dry mouth, ask your doctor for a different medication that may not cause this condition. If this medication cannot be avoided, drink plenty of water, chew sugarless gum and avoid tobacco products and alcohol.
- See your doctor or a dentist if you have sudden changes in taste and smell.
- When acting as a caregiver, help older individuals brush and floss their teeth if they are not able to perform these activities independently.
- I live in Goa. How do I find a reliable dentist in Dabolim/ Dental clinic in Dabolim or even otherwise, a reliable dentist near me?
Although gorgeous as it may be, finding reliable and high-quality dental care in Goa can be quite a task. If you are searching for a dentist in Dabolim/ Dental clinic in Dabolim or if you are constantly on the lookout for a dependable and upright ‘dentist near me’, you have landed at the correct place!
Ace Dentistry is the first ever dental clinic in Dabolim that is run by an Endodontist and is a multi-specialty comprehensive oral care centre. Dr Aakriti Kakar is the first dentist in Dabolim who specializes in Conservative Dentistry. She holds an MDS degree in Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics. She has been practicing as a dental surgeon since 2009 and has worked at several prestigious establishments at Mumbai and Delhi.
So when we say your quest for a fine dentist near me ends here, we mean every bit of it.
HOW DOES PROPER ROOT CANAL TREATMENT PRESERVE MY NATURAL TEETH?
Sometimes your teeth may have infection or disease and will need additional care. When possible, you should always consider treatments to save your teeth.
Don’t get a tooth extracted because you think it is easier or more cost-effective. Missing teeth can cause other teeth to shift, affect your ability to properly chew and ruin your smile. Tooth extraction often is more painful than the infection itself, and replacing an extracted tooth with an artificial one requires additional dental visits that can quickly add up in costs.
Modern endodontics offers advancements in technologies, procedures and materials, giving you many treatment options to save your natural teeth. It’s important to understand your choices and how they’ll impact both your tooth and your future dental health. It’s always best to retain your natural teeth whenever possible and endodontic treatment should be your first choice for the best health and cosmetic results. Endodontists are specialists in saving teeth. They can evaluate your condition and provide the best treatment plan to help you save your teeth for a lifetime.
Root canals treatment by an experienced endodontist is virtually painless and often leaves you with less discomfort during recovery than if you have your natural tooth extracted. Thanks to modern techniques and effective anesthesia, patients who experience root canals are six times more likely to describe it as painless than patients who have a tooth extracted! Take the time to learn more about root canal treatment and some of the common misconceptions about it and then take the first step to a pain-free, healthy mouth.
So, stop searching for a dentist in Dabolim/ Dental clinic in Dabolim or a ‘dentist near me’ and call Ace dentistry at +918850769279 for an appointment right away.